Search This Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Rick Perry Drop-Out

Now, I don't claim to be a prophet of any kind, but I will admit that something very strange happened last night: I had a dream that Rick Perry dropped out of the GOP race.  And now it's happening.

This morning, news has broken that Gov. Perry has told supporters he will be leaving the race.  The reason I had the dream is that I was discussing with family members that its asinine for Perry, Santorum and Gingrich to all remain in the race.  They all want to be the conservative alternative to the man they claim to be the "Massachusetts Moderate," Mitt Romney.

While I don't agree with Gov. Perry's domestic policies, I commend him for being the "bigger man" in the race and having the humility and wherewithal to understand that sometimes the hardest thing to do is the right thing to do.  His leaving the race will bolster the chances of either Gingrich or Santorum securing the nomination.  Now, if Santorum or Gingrich followed suit, the conservative wing of the Republican party would have a real chance to knock out Mitt Romney.

Don't confuse my strategy for passion; I'm not a fan of a lot of what these guys say.  I'm just looking at this from a politically strategic standpoint.  Again, well done, Gov. Perry.  He has maintained his reputation, increased the chances of his closest allies and saved himself a ticket to the next GOP race (whether it be in 2016 or 2020).

No comments:

Post a Comment